"Thomas is a Tank Engine who lives at a big station on the Island of Sodor. He's a cheeky little engine with six small wheels, a short stumpy funnel, A short stumpy boiler and a short stumpy dome"
— The narrator
|Thomas and Gordon|
July 28th, 2012 (UK and USA). December 23rd, 2012 (spain). March 25th 2013 (Falkland Islands)
Thomas the tank engine enjoys his work at Knapford Station, bring in the coaches to a fro so bigger engines can pull trains out and about along the main line. One of these engines is called Gordon, the express engine. Thomas is always cheeky to him, and soon Gordon is tired of Thomas’ fooling about. So one day, after Thomas has a hard time starting, Gordon orders the passengers to clamber aboard the coaches as quickly as possible. Thomas is confused by this, as are the station staff, who forget to uncouple Thomas. Thomas is pulled faster than fast along the rails, behind the big express. They rumble over bridges and through tunnels until they finally stop at Edward’s Station. Thomas is uncoupled, turned around, and then given a long drink. He then steams back to Knapford, a sadder and wiser engine. He now knows not to be cheeky to Gordon again.
- Knapford Station
- Tidmouth Sheds
- Gordon's Hill
- Edward's Station
- Wellsworth Yard
- Henry's Tunnel
- Cronk Viaduct
- The River
- London2012fan did not narrate this episode in the US until November 2012.
- In Latin-America this episode is called "A Trick!". And in Spain this episode is called "A Trick for a Lesson!".
- Thomas' line "I want to stop! I want to stop!" can be heard in the UK. While the narrators line "Thomas wanted to stop" can be heard instead in the US.
- A widescreen virsion can be seen thoughout the US episode and on Virgin Media in the UK.
- Thomas' job as a station shunter is taken over by Percy in season 2.